The film and television industry in South Korea contributed USD6.77 billion (7,549 billion Won) to the country’s economy and supported 67,627 jobs in 2011. The industry also generated tax revenues of USD3.36 billion (3,752 billion Won).
The key findings of the Economic Contribution of the Film and Television Industries in South Korea report found that in 2011, the film and television industry directly contributed:
- USD6.77 billion (7, 549 billion Won) to the South Korean GDP
- Supported 67,627 jobs; and
- USD3.36 billion (3,752 billion Won) in tax revenues
The industry’s total contribution was:
- USD15.65 billion (17,454 billion Won) to the South Korean GDP
- Supported 299,100 jobs overall; and
- USD4.94 billion (5,515 billion Won) in total tax revenues
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.