Protecting Creativity, Expanding Choice
Respect for copyright is central to the ability of creative artists to make great movies and help our economy grow. The MPA is committed to protecting the rights of those who create the content we love. We also understand that this means embracing new technologies and innovative approaches that enable consumers to enjoy their favorite movies and TV shows in exciting and flexible ways.
From the creative arts to the software industry, more and more people around the globe make their living based on the power of their ideas. This means there is a growing global stake in protecting intellectual property rights and recognizing that these safeguards are a cornerstone of a healthy global information economy.
Millions of jobs across the world rely upon a healthy film and television industry. We are committed to safeguarding these opportunities while delivering innovative choices to consumers. To be successful, we know we have to constructively engage with diverse stakeholders. This includes:
- Partnering with the technology community to expand the diversity of legitimate choices available to consumers, so they can enjoy the genuine article—authentic copies of movies & TV shows—at a fair price and in flexible and hassle-free ways.
- Working to include strong intellectual property rights provisions in legislations in many countries and working to ensure that all parties uphold the commitments we have made to one another to protect the power of ideas around the world.
- Partnering with law enforcement and other entities to safeguard intellectual property rights as a cornerstone of our global information economy.
- Collaborating with educators to promote respect for copyrights at an early age, teaching the importance of responsible digital citizenship.
- Working constructively with consumers to enlist their support and respect for intellectual property rights.